The Secondary 2022 application round will open on 1 July 2021 to Manchester City Council residents.

The closing date for Secondary 2022 applications is Monday 1 November 2021, 5 pm.

Secondary 2022 National Offer Day is 1 March 2022.

Applications and any changes to applications received after the closing date will be classed as ‘late’
and they will be processed after 1 March 2022.

Applying online via :

School Admissions will send application invitation letters directly to your home address for all Manchester residents and ask you to apply online. For children who do not reside in Manchester (e.g. Stockport, Oldham, Trafford etc), you must apply through your own local authority even if they wish to apply for a Manchester school.  You can still list Manchester school preferences on their home local authority application form. NB other local authorities may open their Secondary 2022 round later than Manchester, you will need to contact your LA for further information about applying.

We are happy to help with any applications, please contact the school office on 0161 273 2417.

Important additional information:

You need to list all the schools you want to apply for on the Manchester form and in your desired order. This includes any schools that come under another local authority. After the closing date, School Admissions will liaise with other Councils regarding applications for Your area.

You should read the oversubscription criteria/admissions policy for each school that you want to apply for.

State Grammar schools – if you want to apply for a state Grammar school, you must list the school on the Manchester application and you also need to contact the school to enrol your child for the entrance exam.

The most common state Grammar schools are: Saint Ambrose College, Sale Grammar School, Stretford Grammar School, Loreto Grammar School, Altrincham Grammar School for Boys/Girls, Urmston Grammar but there are more.

Trinity CE High School, William Hulme and King David – if you want to apply for these schools, you must list the school on the Manchester application and you also need to contact the school to complete a supplementary form.

Home addresses:
The home address to be used on the application must be from where your child permanently lives at. Where there is 50/50 shared responsibility, we will use the address where child benefits are claimed from.