School Sports Premium
|Total number of FT pupils on role
- To effectively use the Sports Grant to raise the profile and outcomes for children in PE, Sport and physical activity across the school
PE and Sports Grant
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – has been allocated to primary school head teachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this. A list of possible uses has been suggested.
From September 2013, schools will be held to account over how they spend their additional, ring-fenced funding. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport within the ‘Inspectors’ handbook’ and supporting guidance so that both schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision.
One year on, Ofsted will carry out a survey reporting on the first year’s expenditure of additional funding and its impact. Schools will also be required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provision between schools, both within and beyond the school day.
How are we using the funding to benefit our children?
At St Anne’s we have allocated the funding in a number of ways:
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to provide additional activities during enrichment afternoon time.
- Providing cover to release staff for professional development in PE and sport (NQT course).
- Continuing to develop and run sports activities in school and increasing pupils’ participation in our cluster tournaments.
- Transport to these events.
St Anne’s Primary Physical Education and Sport Premium
Evidencing Impact and Accountability 2016-2017
Which is a total of £8791.
Download (PDF, 232KB)